The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is a physician referred exercise program for patients with heart disease. The program is facilitated and monitored by the cardiac rehabilitation coordinator and registered nurse.
The program consists of three phases:
- Inpatient Services – patients will work with the cardiac rehabilitation staff while they are still in the hospital after a heart event
- Exercise Therapy Program – up to 36 exercise sessions after a cardiac event with educational components of diet, stress reduction, smoking secession, etc.– requires a physician referral and is covered by most insurance providers
- Maintenance Phase – ongoing continued exercise program with a cardiac rehabilitation staff offered at Holyoke Medical Center and Holyoke Community College for a fee of $40 per month
- Holyoke Medical Center - M, W, F: 7 – 11 a.m., 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Holyoke Community College - Tuesdays and Thursdays: 7 – 9:30 a.m., 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
For further information, or to schedule an appointment with CORE at Holyoke Medical Center, please call (413) 534-2555.