Breast Health Center
Every 2 minutes, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer. Learn how to identify and proactively reduce your risk of developing the disease. Watch our video!
Comprehensive Breast Health Care
The new Breast Health Center offers the medical expertise, advanced screenings and diagnostic equipment and outstanding care for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Our full-spectrum of services include:
• Board-certified breast surgeon and leading breast health expert
• Innovative cancer risk assessment
• Genetic testing and counseling
• First and only hospital in western Massachusetts to offer 3D stereotactic breast biopsy
• Preventive mastectomy (prophylactic mastectomy) and breast reconstruction surgery
To schedule an appointment, call (413) 535-4795.
About the Medical Director
Steven Schonholz, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board-certified breast surgeon, breast health expert and pioneer in the research, early detection and treatment of breast cancer. He established a high risk screening program in mammography and developed diagnostic treatments that have helped thousands of patients prevent or reduce their risk of developing breast or ovarian cancer. Dr. Schonholz became Medical Director of the Breast Health Center in 2017.