River Valley Counseling Center
River Valley Counseling Center, Inc. (RVCC) is a multi-service agency in Hampden County, MA, with a 50 year history of changing lives and empowering our communities. The agency was organized in 1953 and in 1986 became affiliated with Holyoke Medical Center as a member of Valley Health Systems, Inc. As a licensed mental health clinic, RVCC offers a range of traditional and non-traditional outpatient services to adults and children at several locations in Holyoke, Chicopee and Springfield, MA.
Adult, Child & Adolescent Bilingual Outpatient Services
RVCC provides individual, family and group psychotherapy by a dedicated multidisciplinary team of social workers, counselors, psychologists, clinical nurse specialists and psychiatrists. Community outreach therapy and medication services are available when necessary. Central Intake: (413) 540-1234
Psychiatric Day Treatment and Partial Hospitalization Services (DT/PHS)
DT/PHS provide multi-disciplinary intensive care to people with acute and persistent mental illness. Clients served by this program are experiencing an unstable or acute phase of their illness. These clients require more attention than can be provided at weekly or bi-weekly counseling sessions. The goals of DT/PHS are to help clients with problems of daily living, increase their social competency and teach skills needed to manage the symptoms of their mental illness. Intake: (413) 540-1223
Teen Clinics/School-Based Health Centers
RVCC’s Teen Clinics are school-based health centers in Holyoke under the direction of a medical director. Parental consent is required for participation.
Program Director: (413) 534-2033; Appointments made through Central Intake: (413) 540-1234
- Comprehensive health assessments and psychical exams
- Sports physicals
- Health education
- Mental health services
- Referral service to primary or specialist care
Chicopee School-Based Services
This program is partially funded by the Special Education Department of the Chicopee School system. RVCC provides clinicians to meet with individuals, families, groups or school staff regarding behavioral issues in the classroom. Program Director: (413) 534-2141
The mission of RVCC’s HIV/AIDS Project is to support those affected by HIV/AIDS and to promote community awareness of the issues surrounding HIV/AIDS.
The Project provides:
Springfield Programs: (413) 737-2437 x125; Holyoke Programs: (413) 535-4706
- information, assessment and referral services;
- comprehensive, bi-lingual/bi-cultural case management for medical and social services;
- HIV/AIDS consumer support groups;
- access to the Positive Alliance Network (PAN), a program designed specifically to provide mental health services to minorities affected by HIV/AIDS;
- An array of housing services, including housing search and advocacy, applications for rental assistance and homelessness prevention funds, assistance with applying for Low Income Housing, such as Section 8 and HIV/AIDS Project based subsidies
- Referral to certain legal services through the Law Consortium of Western Mass
- Meals and Support — A welcoming and safe open space available Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. where participants have access to snacks, computers, a lounge with a big screen TV and DVD player, and books and games including a card and domino table. Congregate meals are served every Wednesday and Friday from noon -2 p.m.
Employee Assistance Services
CONCERN – Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers employers a comprehensive array of services and resources that promote a healthier and more energized workforce. Services include on-site training, assessment, counseling and referrals. Program Director: (413) 534-2625