Holyoke Medical Center strives to provide high quality, compassionate care to our patients and their family and friends. Because rest is an important part of your recovery process, Holyoke Medical Center has adopted visitor guidelines that provide our patients with the opportunity to visit with family and friends as well as time for adequate treatment and rest.
General Visiting Guidelines
- Visitors displaying symptoms of a common illness are requested not to visit patients.
- We ask that all visitors enter through the main entrance of the Hospital. After 8 p.m., visitors should go to the Emergency Department entrance and ask the Security Department for assistance.
- Visitors must check with the nursing staff before bringing food or beverages to any patient.
- Children must be attended by a responsible adult at all times.
Medical Surgical Area
- Visiting hours 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Visiting Hours are at the discretion of the child bearing family.
Inpatient Psychiatric Unit
- Visiting hours are:
- Monday – Friday: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Holidays – 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Visiting outside of the regular hours can be arranged through authorized staff members.
Intensive Care Unit
- No more than two (2) visitors at a time; limited to five (5) minutes in any one hour period.
- Visitors under the age of fourteen (14) will be permitted with special arrangements.
- Before entering the unit, visitors must stop and call the Nursing Station. Clearance to visit will be directed by authorized staff members.
- No fresh flowers or plants are allowed in patient rooms.