Graduate Nurse Residency Program
Holyoke Medical Center (HMC) is dedicated to supporting new graduate nurses with a pathway to success as they transition from school to career. Our Graduate Nurse Residency Program will provide a series of educational components as well as comprehensive supervision and clinical oversight.
- Increase Confidence: participants will be matched with a mentor and meet with them on a weekly basis. They will form a bond of trust and support to help guide residency participants through the start of their career with a seasoned professional.
- Improve Clinical Judgment: monthly seminars will provide additional education to allow residency participants to continue learning in a structured environment of different clinical modalities.
- Decrease Burnout: the graduate nurse residency program will cohort participants together and provide time for the team to discuss and work through successes and challenges together with peer support.
- Growth Development: participants will have opportunities to job shadow and cross train within different nursing disciplines, including nursing leadership, operating procedures, and units outside of their assigned position.
- Supportive Atmosphere: Holyoke Medical Center is committed to supporting our nursing team with the goal of reducing staff to patient ratios, while also increasing the support services available, including CNA resources.
- Healthcare with Heart: as an independent community hospital, Holyoke Medical Center prides itself on maintaining a welcoming environment, providing high-quality, compassionate care in a family-like setting.
- Tuition Repayment/Sign-On Bonus:
$50,000 (BSN applicants)
$25,000 (Associate Degree applicants)
paid in full upon program acceptance with 4-year commitment
- $7,000 annual tuition reimbursement program!
- $1,000 annual CEU reimbursement
- Competitive paid time off
- Generous health benefits with low employee contribution levels and no deductibles when using HMC services
- Meaningful connections with patients
- FREE on-campus parking
- Safe patient handling
The HMC Graduate Nurse Residency Program is available to nurses graduating in the fall of 2022. Nursing students with a GPA of 3.5 or greater will be eligible for the full program incentive. Nursing students with a GPA below 3.5 are eligible for up to $20,000 sign-on bonus with a commitment of 4 years. Students selected to this program will be required to work full time (a minimum of 36 hours per week) starting no later than January 31, 2023.
Limited Opportunity, Apply Today!
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all spaces are filled. Acceptance into the program will be based on the following:
- Residency program application – click here to download
- Resume & cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty/clinical instructors
- A copy of your transcript
Offers will be extended within two days of receiving completed application components and interview.
For questions related to the HMC Graduate Nurse Residency Program please call the Valley Health Systems, Inc. Human Resources Department at (413) 534-2547 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.