Statement of Support
Holyoke Medical Center and Valley Health Systems has signed a
Statement of Support of the National Guard and Reserve.
By signing, we commit:
- We recognize the Guard and Reserve are essential to the strength of our Nation and the well-being of our communities
- We fully recognize, honor, and comply with the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- We provide our managers and supervisors with the tools they need to effectively manage those employees who serve in the Guard and Reserve
- We appreciate the values, leadership, and unique skills Service members bring to the workforce and will encourage opportunities to employ Guardsmen, Reservists, transitioning Service members, and Veterans
- We will continually recognize and support our country’s Service members and their families in peace, in crisis, and in war
HOLYOKE MEDICAL CENTER and VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEMS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, disability or handicap status, genetic information, military service or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.