River Valley Counseling Center
River Valley Counseling Center, Inc. (RVCC) is a multi-service community-based mental health agency serving the Pioneer Valley with a 66 year history of changing lives and empowering our communities. The agency was organized in 1953 and in 1986 became affiliated with Holyoke Medical Center as a member of Valley Health Systems, Inc. As a licensed mental health clinic, RVCC offers a range of traditional and non-traditional outpatient services to adults and children at several locations in Holyoke, Chicopee, Easthampton, and Springfield, MA. Careful attention is given to the cultural sensitivities and specific issues affecting our Spanish-speaking and African American clients. Programs are staffed with experienced bilingual/bi-cultural professionals. RVCC is also a LGBTQ safe place.
Central Intake: (413)540-1234
Adult, Child & Adolescent Bilingual Outpatient Services
You have a say in feeling better. Active participation can make all the difference to your emotional well-being. That’s why the behavioral health team at River Valley Counseling Center establishes true partnerships with every client. They work with you to determine the course of treatment and offer compassionate, respectful, community-based care and rehabilitative services.
- Individual, couple, family and group psychotherapy
- Psychiatric services (medication prescribing and monitoring)
- Massachusetts certified gambling specialists
- Counseling for those who struggle with the dual diagnosis of mental health and substance use. RVCC partners with local physicians to offer an integrated approach to substance use treatment.
- Children’s Behavioral Initiative (CBHI) Services
Outpatient offices are located in Holyoke, Chicopee, Easthampton, and Springfield with convenient evening and weekend hours available. Outreach therapy is provided as needed. Programs are staffed by a dedicated multidisciplinary team of social workers, counselors, psychologists, clinical nurse specialists, psychiatrists, and experienced bilingual/bi-cultural professionals.
RVCC clinicians are also available throughout various Holyoke Medical Center physician offices, integrating healthcare services as a convenience to clients. RVCC also provides behavioral health services for the clients of WestMass ElderCare Inc., LifePath, Enlace de Familias, Womanshelter/Compañeras and ROCA.
For more information or to schedule an appointment at one of our outpatient sites, please contact Central Intake at (413) 540-1234.
For Children’s Behavioral Health Initiative (CBHI) services, please contact: (413) 437-9200.
School-Based Therapy Services
River Valley Counseling Center partners with local school districts to provide mental health counseling during the school day. The program provides families with access to therapy by removing barriers such as long waitlists, transportation, insurance coverage problems, and scheduling conflicts.
RVCC therapists provide individual sessions and family consultations for referred students who are experiencing a range of difficulties including:
- Adjustment problems
- Emotion regulation difficulties
- Disruptive behavior
- Inattention and hyperactivity
- Failing grades
- Social problems
- Attachment problems
- Substance use
RVCC therapists are also able to support school-specific emotional and behavioral needs, consulting with teachers and administrators on site.
RVCC School-based Therapy services are available throughout Holyoke, Chicopee, Easthampton, and Granby school districts as well as select schools in Springfield, Hadley, and Hatfield.
Springfield Technical Community College
RVCC partners with Springfield Technical Community College to provide mental health counseling services to the student population. The program provides students with access to a therapist right on campus. Licensed clinicians will work with students to determine the course of treatment and offer respectful and compassionate counseling services.
Please contact Central Intake for more information about RVCC’s school-based therapy services: (413) 540-1234.
Teen Clinics/School-Based Health Centers
The School-Based Health Centers (Teen Clinics) are licensed health clinics providing quality, comprehensive health care services on-site at the following schools: Holyoke High School North Campus, Dean Campus, and William R. Peck Middle School. We know that healthy students learn better and achieve more. RVCC Teen Clinic staff work in collaboration with your Primary Care Provider to offer preventative care and treatment where it is most accessible; students don’t have to leave school and parents don’t have to leave work for appointments. Parental consent is required .
- Acute and chronic illness care
- Comprehensive health assessments and psychical exams
- Sports physicals
- Health education
- Mental health services
- Referral service to primary or specialist care
If you are interested in receiving services at one of RVCC’s Teen Clinics, please contact:
Holyoke High School North
500 Beech St • Holyoke, MA 01040
1045 Main St • Holyoke, MA 01040
William R. Peck Middle School
1916 Northampton St • Holyoke, MA 01040
The Mission of River Valley Counseling Center’s HIV/AIDS Project is to support those affected by HIV/AIDS and to promote community awareness of the issues surrounding HIV/AIDS.
RVCC provides comprehensive, bilingual and bi-cultural case management, mental health counseling, Peer support and other supportive services for HIV/AIDS positive people and their families at sites in Springfield and Holyoke.
The Project provides HIV/AIDS positive people:
- Information, assessment and referral services
- Comprehensive, bi-lingual/bi-cultural case management for medical and social services
- Informational presentations on topics related to living with HIV
- Individual one-to-one HIV Peer Support and Outreach
- Access to mental health services
- Referral to certain HIV legal services
- An array of housing services, including housing search and advocacy, applications for rental assistance and homelessness prevention funds, assistance with applying for Low Income Housing, such as Section 8 and HIV/AIDS Project based subsidies
- Collaboration with area community medical institutions, partnering to provide in-house medical case management and Peer services
- Benefits Coordinator who assists with applications for programs that help pay for HIV medications and insurance premiums when eligible through HDAP/CHII
Offices are located in Springfield and Holyoke. For more information please contact (413) 737-2437.
Employee Assistance Services
CONCERN – Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers employers a comprehensive array of services and resources that promote a healthier and more energized workforce. Services include on-site training, assessment, counseling and referrals. For more information please contact the Program Director: (413) 534-2625.