COVID-19 Information Update
Massachusetts Department of Public Health Acute Care Hospital Phase 2 Reopen Attestation
Massachusetts Department of Public Health Acute Care Hospital Phase 1 Reopen Attestation
Please note: Routine outpatient COVID-19 testing will not be provided in the HMC Emergency Department. People looking to be tested for COVID-19 at Holyoke Medical Center should go to the HMC Drive-Up Testing Site during the below listed operating hours.
Holyoke Medical Center – Drive-Up Testing at the Main Entrance of the Hospital*
575 Beech Street, Holyoke
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
*PCR testing is currently unavailable at this location – Other molecular test results, which are approved by the state of Massachusetts, will be performed.
As per the current guidelines published by The Massachusetts Department of Public Health, VHS will permit visitors to visit patients receiving care at the facility. Visitors will not be allowed to visit patients who have a positive COVID-19 test and are infectious.
The process of managing the visitors will be as follows:
- Visiting hours for the patients will be between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Only two (2) visitors will be allowed per patient at a time
- All visitors will be screened at the point of entry by designated screeners for possible signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- A visitor with the following symptoms will not be permitted in the facility:
- Fever ≥ 100◦ F
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Myalgia (muscle aches and pain)
- A new onset of loss of taste or smell
- Symptom-free visitors will be allowed to enter the facility after the application of the wrist band.
- All visitors will be required to perform hand hygiene at the front door.
- All visitors will be required to wear a face mask in the facility at all times and practice social distancing.
- This policy is applicable for the visitors of the Emergency Department patients. Hospital may restrict visitors in the waiting room in order to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Other visitation requests (e.g. end of life situations) will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you for your cooperation, as we work together to keep our community healthy.