The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is a physician referred exercise program for patients with heart disease. The program is facilitated and monitored by the cardiac rehabilitation coordinator, registered nurse and an exercise physiologist.
The program consists of two phases:
- Exercise Therapy Program – up to 36 exercise sessions after a cardiac event with educational components of diet, stress reduction, smoking cessation, etc.– requires a physician referral and is covered by most insurance providers
- Maintenance Phase – ongoing continued exercise program with a cardiac rehabilitation staff offered at Holyoke Medical Center for a fee of $40 per month
- Holyoke Medical Center - M, W, F: 7 – 11 a.m., 1 – 3 p.m.
Our program addresses a variety of cardiac diagnoses, including:
- Atrial/Mitral Valve Replacement or Repair
- Stable Angina
- Coronary Bypass Graft (CABG)
- Angioplasty with Stent(s)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF with EF ≤ 35%
For further information, or to schedule an appointment with CORE at Holyoke Medical Center, please call (413) 534-2555.