Patient Belongings and Valuables
Patients and visitors are responsible for all belongings. Holyoke Medical Center is not responsible for replacing lost or misplaced items. We recommend you bring only essential items to the hospital and offer the following tips to help keep your personal items secure:
Essential Dentures, Hearing Aids, Eyeglasses, Medical Equipment
- A staff member will provide a case for these items if the patient does not already have one with them.
- Medical equipment will be labeled with the patient name on it.
- Please avoid placing dentures, hearing aids, eyeglasses, and medical equipment items on a meal tray, under a pillow, on the sheets, on the bedside table, in a robe pocket, or any concealed place where the item(s) may be lost or accidentally thrown out.
- Please leave all valuables at home or send them home with a family member or friend upon admission to the hospital; this includes cash, checkbooks, credit cards, jewelry, wallet, purse, and other items deemed to be of value that would be considered a loss if misplaced.
- Please request the use of our safe if needed.
- Patients/caregivers should bring a current list of medications the patient is taking to the hospital, including herbal and over the counter medications, as well as prescription medications.
- Patients should NOT bring in their actual medication bottles, unless requested to do so.
- If a patient brings their medication with them to the hospital, these will be treated as the patient’s personal belongings and Holyoke Medical Center is not responsible if the medication gets lost or misplaced.
Clothing and Other Belongings
- Storage space in patient rooms is limited and hospital gowns are provided.
- We suggest that clothing worn to the hospital be sent home with family/friends and have appropriate clothing brought to the hospital shortly before patient discharge.
- Any other items such as cell phones, laptop computers, iPad, etc., that are kept at the bedside are done so at your own risk. Holyoke Medical Center is not responsible for lost or misplaced items.
For Further Assistance Call Patient Relations: (413) 534-2727