In light of the increased rates of infection of COVID-19 both nationally and in the local community, Holyoke Medical Center is taking measures to minimize traffic and potential exposure in our hospital in order to reduce the risk to our patients and staff.
As per the current guidelines published by The Massachusetts Department of Public Health, VHS will permit visitors to visit patients receiving care at the facility. Visitors will not be allowed to visit patients who have a positive COVID-19 test and are infectious.
The process of managing the visitors will be as follows:
- Visiting hours for the patients will be between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Only two (2) visitors will be allowed per patient at a time
- All visitors will be screened at the point of entry by designated screeners for possible signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- A visitor with the following symptoms will not be permitted in the facility:
- Fever ≥ 100◦ F
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- A new onset of loss of taste or smell
- Symptom-free visitors will be allowed to enter the facility after the application of the wrist band.
- All visitors will be required to perform hand hygiene at the front door.
- All visitors will be required to wear a face mask in the facility at all times and practice social distancing.
- This policy is applicable for the visitors of the Emergency Department patients.
- Other visitation requests (e.g. end of life situations) will be handled on a case-by-case basis.