As per the current guidelines published by The Massachusetts Department of Public Health, VHS will permit visitors to visit patients receiving care at the facility. Visitors will not be allowed to visit patients who have a positive COVID-19 test and are infectious.
The process of managing the visitors will be as follows:
- Visiting hours for the patients will be between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Please do not visit patients in the hospital if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days or are experiencing the following symptoms:
- Fever ≥ 100◦ F
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Myalgia (muscle aches and pain)
- A new onset of loss of taste or smell
- All visitors are requested to perform hand hygiene at the front door.
- A face mask is required to enter the hospital per the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- All visitors are requested to practice social distancing.
- This policy is applicable for the visitors of the Emergency Department patients. Hospital may restrict visitors in the waiting room in order to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Other visitation requests (e.g. end of life situations) will be handled on a case-by-case basis.