Holyoke Medical Center is devoted to providing safe, high quality, compassionate care. This compassion and concern for the well-being of our patients extends to family members, loved ones and visitors. To help achieve this, HMC supports open visiting hours.
General Visiting Guidelines
- Visiting hours at HMC are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with respect to sleeping hours and according to patient preference.
- Open visitation may not be allowed if it infringes on the rights of others and their safety, or if it is medically or therapeutically contraindicated.
- Visitors will enter through the Main Entrance between the hours of 5 a.m. – 8 p.m. After 8 p.m., visitors should go to the Emergency Department entrance and ask the Security Department for assistance.
- Children supervised by an adult member are welcome.
- Visitors displaying symptoms of a common illness are requested to reconsider visiting patients
- Visitors are asked to please check with the nursing staff before bringing food or beverages to any patient.
Our patients on the Inpatient Psychiatric Unit benefit from the presence of a support person(s) in a more structured and scheduled manner. For this reason, Holyoke Medical Center maintains more traditional visiting hours on the unit, although visiting outside of the regular hours can be arranged through authorized staff members
Inpatient Psychiatric Unit Visiting Hours
- Monday – Friday: 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Holidays – 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Visiting outside of the regular hours can be arranged through authorized staff members.