At Holyoke Medical Group Women’s Services, our team of physicians and certified nurse midwives are experts in the full range of ob/gyn and midwifery care, working together to provide you with the best care.
Your health concerns, whether it is an annual visit, pregnancy or gynecological condition, are addressed with the utmost respect and compassion. Our affiliation with Holyoke Medical Center ensures this continuum of care, providing access to exceptional health care providers, advanced diagnostics and a comprehensive range of services that protect and promote women’s health.
• Well women exams
• Annual screenings
• Contraception and family planning
• Emergency contraception
• Diagnosis and treatment of STDs, pelvic inflammatory disease
• HIV testing, counseling and support
• Minimally invasive surgery for endometriosis, uterine fibroids and other gynecologic conditions
• Pregnancy, delivery and post-partum care
• Personalized birth plans tailored to your needs and preferences
• Birthing tub for labor and delivery
• Nitrous oxide for pain management during labor
The Birthing Center at Holyoke Medical Center
From big decisions (How do I want to manage pain or discomfort during labor?) to specific details (Please provide a hand mirror so I can view the birth of my baby) you create the birth plan that works for you. Services and choices appreciated most by our patients include:
- Safe and innovative pain relief including nitrous oxide. We were the first in Massachusetts and also among the first in the U.S. to embrace a reliable pain management practice that provides the patient greater control.
- “Skin-to-Skin” contact between mom and baby, directly after birth. A practice with proven benefits: easing a newborn’s transition to the outside world, regulates breathing, increases immunity, strengthens bonding and more.
- Birthing Tub for those looking for a distinctive and comforting option to bring their baby into the world.
The Birthing Center was the first Baby-Friendly® hospital in the Pioneer Valley. The international award recognizes birth facilities that offer breastfeeding mothers the information, confidence and skills needed to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding their babies.
Appointments available in Holyoke and Westfield. Call (413) 534-2826.
Our Board Certified Physicians
Brian Toole, MD
Dr. Toole is an OB/GYN who joined the Western Mass practice in 2019. He completed his internship and residency at Baystate Medical Center and earned a Doctor of Medicine from Temple University. He received a Bachelor of Science in pre-med from Penn State University. Dr. Toole is a Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology, and a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Medical Association, Massachusetts State Medical Society, Hampden County Medical Society, New England Obstetrics and Gynecology Society, and the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
Yi-Lo Yu, MD, FACOG
Dr. Yu is an OB/GYN who joined the Western Mass practice in 2017. She completed her residency at University of Connecticut School of Medicine and earned a Doctor of Medicine from the University of Minnesota Medical School. Dr. Yu holds a bachelor’s and master’s degree in neuroscience & behavior from Wesleyan University. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology, a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and certified in da Vinci surgery.
Marc Zerbe, MD, FACOG
Dr. Zerbe earned his Doctor of Medicine from the American University of Beirut, and completed his residency at the Greater Baltimore Medical Center in Townson, Maryland. He is currently Chief of the Obstetrics & Gynecology department at Holyoke Medical Center, and President of the Medical Staff at Holyoke Medical Center. Dr. Zerbe is a Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology, and a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.